Vital Limited (we, us, our) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (being a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information. This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto our website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
We may collect information that we receive from you (for example when you sign up for a Vital product or service), that third parties give to us or that we create about you. We may also collect information relating to your use of our services.
- name, address and date of birth
- contact information such as email address and phone number
- communication and notification preferences, including the topics you want to hear from us about and also when and how you want to hear from us
- employment information, including status and employer
- identification documents like your driver’s licence or passport
- payment information like your credit card or bank account details
- verification information and security credentials
- information you share with us in calls and online with our staff. We record calls to our Network Operations Centre.
We may also collect information from third parties such as credit reference agencies where you have authorised us to do so.
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services and products
- third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
- other companies within our group
- any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products
- a credit reference agency for the purpose of credit checking you
- other third parties (for anonymised statistical information)
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- any other person authorised by you.
A business that supports our services and products may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand.
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse. We may assume that any verbal or other request or instruction we receive is authorised by you (including where made online), if it’s accompanied by suitable verification (like your Vital account number, personal identification number or password).
We work hard and follow industry best practice to ensure the information we hold is secure.
If we become aware of a data breach that we think could compromise your security, we’ll tell you as soon as we can. We may also report the breach publicly, if we consider it appropriate to do so or if we’re required to by law.
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information.
Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at email@example.com. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.